Part Rascal, part Shadow Puppet, Miles Kane hits the road this May on a UK tour to promote his debut solo album Colour Of The Trap. With a couple of high profile support slots to his name this year (ex-Oasis frontman Liam Gallagher’s new band Beady Eye earlier this month and Arctic Monkeys next June), May will be the month to see the charismatic Liverpudlian in full throttle. The tour includes a date at Oxford’s O2 Academy.
His debut solo album will be released on May 9th courtesy of Columbia Records and will further explore the singers’ penchant for vintage pop and psych. For the live dates, Miles will be joined by his band, featuring Jay Sharrock from The Sand Band on drums, singer-songwriter Eugene McGuinness on vocals/rhythm guitar and Ben Parsons and Phil Anderson from Cherry Ghost on keyboards and bass guitar respectively.
Details of the tour go as follows:
- Wed 4th May – Stoke, Sugarmill
- Thu 5th – Darlington, Inside Out
- Sat 7th – Hull, Fruit
- Wed 11th – London, KCLSU
- Fri 13th – Oxford, O2 Academy
- Sat 14th – Southampton, Joiners
- Tue 17th – Manchester, Academy 3
- Wed 18th – Edinburgh, Liquid Rooms
- Thu 19th – Dundee, Doghouse
- Fri 20th – Liverpool, St George’s Hall (Sound City)
- Sun 22nd – Brighton, Audio